SUMMER VIBES S.M.P.C (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you contact us for information or indeed for a price on a particular cruise, you might do so by telephone, email, face to face, or by filling in a form on our website. At that point, we will begin to collect information about you. The simple contact details we will request are the means to respond to your inquiry: a telephone number, email address, and of course your name, and possibly the names of those who may be traveling with you. The information you give us may also include financial and credit card information, personal description, and photograph.
The information will be used to manage your account and your booking or booking request.
Once we proceed beyond the inquiry stage to make a booking for you, additional information will be needed, such as the full passport names of all the people traveling on the booking and their dates of birth. We may also need their addresses and contact numbers. There may be a need to collect additional information such as details of next of kin or emergency contacts, and personal details you need to pass to us in order to ensure your booking is looked after properly: these can include dietary requirements and medical needs which act as an indicator of other personal details (such as your ethnicity or the state of your health). The information will be used solely for the smooth running of your holiday. If we do not need the information, you have no need to supply it to us.
We will use your contact details regularly to keep you updated on the progress of your booking, make you aware of ways to enhance your forthcoming holiday, assist you with pre-reservation, and supply all appropriate information.
- If you have provided us with your consent to contact you with marketing about our products and services we think may interest you, we will ask you if and how you wish to be contacted. We also market through Facebook, Tripadvisor.com, Google Ads; where we provide information to you via the platform, we will ensure that your data is adequately protected by each platform/service and your privacy upheld in accordance with the GDPR.
- Please note that calls to the Reservations team may be monitored and are recorded for training purposes.
Information we collect about you
Please note that SUMMER VIBES S.M.P.C does not collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. You must be over 18 to register your personal details, including your email address.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
With regard to each of your visits to our sites (www.zakynthoscruises.com, www.zakynthoscruises.com) Zakynthos Cruises web server automatically collects and aggregates information about your visit including, but not limited to, your IP address, service provider, browser type, and operating system. This information does not personally identify you and we analyze this aggregated information only in order to optimize your experience and enhance the time spent with us online.
Third-party websites accessed from our website may be governed by privacy policies and practices that differ from this policy. You are encouraged to familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of each site you visit prior to disclosing any personal information.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- We must pass on personal information to the companies fulfilling your booking, which include cruise lines, airlines and other travel providers. They in turn may be obliged to pass your information on for purposes of immigration manifests and so forth. We will require these companies to also ensure that your data is adequately protected and your privacy upheld.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Zakynthos Cruises or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zakynthos Cruises, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Security and safety of data and its storage
We make every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard its security and privacy and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed, or accessed by unauthorized parties. The same tight controls and best practices are true for any data processed beyond this website and on our Company’s internal networks.
Please be aware that this website may include links to other external websites or other internet sources, including social media platforms and third-party websites. Since we cannot control these websites and external sources, Zakynthos Cruises cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these websites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services, or any other material available on or from these websites or external sources, nor their collection and processing of any personal data. However, every effort has been made to vet these external websites and sources at the time of providing any outgoing link from our own website.
With regards to the security and safety of data and its storage, Zakynthos Cruises assures:
- To take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
- It will be processed lawfully with your consent for the specific purpose it is required and will not be kept for longer than is legally necessary. We will only process any special category of personal information relating to you for legal, personnel, administrative, and management purposes and to enable us to meet our legal obligations.
- It will put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction or erasure. Personal data will only be transferred to a data processor if they agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
- It will maintain data security by protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of personal data.
Limitation on storage
We will not keep personal data active longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. We will take all reasonable actions to destroy, or erase all data from our website and other systems which is no longer required.
Freedom of information / your rights under the GDPR
Under the EU’s GDPR, you have the right to access information/data held about you, and the right to correct, amend, delete, and object to further processing.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. Any access request will be free of charge, although multiple copies will be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will endeavour to provide you with the personal data in the same machine-readable format and will make it capable of porting to a third-party data controller, only if it is technically feasible to do so.
You should also notify us if any of your personal details change or if you are aware of any inaccuracies so that this can be corrected.
- About cookies
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognize your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to improve the website’s usability;
(3) to analyze the use of our website;
(4) in the administration of this website; and
(5) to personalize our website for you.
- Third-party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third-party cookies.
Our advertisers or service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
(1) to track your browser across multiple websites;
(2) to build a profile of your web surfing;
(3) to target advertisements that may be of particular interest to you.
- Blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the shopping basket on this website.
- Deleting cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Contact us
This website is owned and operated by SUMMER VIBES S.M.P.C